24/02/2014

HEALTHY(ER) PEANUT BUTTER CUPS


No matter how healthy I am trying to be, I'll still be treating myself to something nice at the weekend. Given my current obsession with minimising unneccessary additional ingredients, however, I decided to take my original peanut butter cup recipe and cut it down to only two ingredients. Yes, two. Ridiculously simple, ridiculously good. 

INGREDIENTS
200g good quality dark chocolate
approx. 1/2 cup 100% peanut butter

METHOD
1. Line a mini cupcake tin with cases.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
3. Add about one teaspoon of melted chocolate to each cupcake case and throw in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened (about 10 minutes).
4. Add one teaspoon of peanut butter to each case and flatten and return to fridge for another 10 minutes.
5. Add one or two teaspoons of chocolate to the case so that the peanut butter is covered completely. Return to the fridge for about twenty minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.
6. Try and eat only one.. yeah right.





No comments:

Post a Comment