21/02/2014

HOMEMADE NAKD BARS


I have a serious sweet tooth so dessert has always been a daily thing for me, none of this saving for the weekend business. Breakouts and bloating galore due to my lack of portion control, (why have one when you can have five), I finally decided to cut out all chocolate during the week and crowd in healthier options. I had heard of Nakd bars before, but they never really appealed to me. When I saw the list of ingredients though, the first thing that popped into my head was how easy they would be to make at home. Raw, vegan, gluten free but a seriously chocolate-y flavour, you can't go wrong. Take it from me, these are damn good.

INGREDIENTS
makes 8 large bars/16 squares
1 cup of medjool dates
1/2 cup of whole almonds
1/2 cup of ground almonds
1/4 cup of raw cacao (or substitute with cocoa powder)
1/4 cup of sultanas
rind of 2 oranges
tablespoon of water/freshly squeezed orange juice (optional)

METHOD
1. Throw everything into a food processor and whiz to your heart's content.
2. Compress into a lined baking tin and put in fridge to cool.
3. Pop out of tin and cut into desired size chunks. 

Simples.



No comments:

Post a Comment