25/02/2014

PEAR AND HONEY MUFFINS


I'm all for eating healthy, but there's no way I'm kicking my cupcake to the curb in favour of some carrot sticks. Hell no. I don't care what the health benefits are, if it's not tasty, I'm not eating it. On the other hand, if you give me something that tastes as good as the real thing, but is a hell of a lot better for me, then I'm a happy girl. That's where these babies come in. I originally saw the recipe on Madeleine Shaw's website, the queen of all things healthy (#gettheglow)Grain free and dairy free, these are just full of good stuff. And damn, they are good.

INGREDIENTS
300g ground almonds
1 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
50g coconut oil
3 eggs
50g honey
1 vanilla bean or 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
3 pears

METHOD
1. Preheat oven to 180ÂșC and prepare a cupcake tin with 9-12 cases.
2. Mix the almonds, spices, salt and baking powder in a bowl. 
3. Combine the rest of the ingredients, except the pears, and then slowly add in the dry ingredients.
4. Slice the pears into 1/2 cm strips (remove the seeds and core).
5. Place some of the pear slices into the cases, add some cake batter then add another layer of pear and fill the container with the cake batter.
6. Complete this with the rest of the mix.
7. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown, then remove and allow to cool. Once cooled remove them from the tins and flip them over.


No comments:

Post a Comment