04/03/2014

THE LEFT-OVERS // CHILLI CON CARNE: LIGHT QUESADILLAS


There's nothing worse than trying to eat your way through a weeks worth of leftovers, all to save those important pennies. The key to keeping things interesting is switching up all other additions to the meal, except the main component. In this case, chilli con carne. I had a box full of the stuff in the fridge (made with a similar recipe to this, minus the chickpeas), and the last thing I wanted was another heavy meal with rice. Instead, I opted for a lighter meal of quesadillas that took minutes to throw together, and most importantly, very little brain power

I threw a wrap onto a pan with medium heat and spooned on the chilli and some corn, covering the whole wrap. I sprinkled on a handful of grated mozzarella and topped it off with the second wrap. As the bottom wrap started to crisp up, I flipped the whole concoction. I let the second wrap crisp up and the cheese to melt. I slipped it onto a plate and threw on a dollop of avocado and tomato salsa, finishing it off with a squeeze of lemon juice and some pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment